Cancellation of GDN 2020 and Information on Conference Proceedings and GDN 2021
March 25, 2020
The safety and wellbeing of our Group Decision and Negotiation (GDN) community members and their families are of paramount importance. Given the current situation of COVID-19, the GDN Council and GDN 2020 General and Program Chairs have most regretfully decided to cancel the 20th International Conference on Group Decision and Negotiation (GDN 2020), scheduled to be held at Ryerson University, Toronto, Canada, from June 7 to 11, 2020.
Since the preparation for GDN 2020 has almost reached the final stage, we have made the following decisions:
- We are continuing with the publication of the GDN 2020 Springer Proceedings. The decisions on the Springer Proceedings papers have already been communicated to the corresponding authors. We have reached an agreement with Springer to publish the proceedings. Hereby we would like to ask each corresponding author to send an email by March 30, 2020 to email@example.com to confirm their agreement to publish their paper in the GDN 2020 Conference Proceedings. Please notice that Springer holds the copyright to the papers published in the Springer Proceedings.
- We are continuing with the publication of the GDN 2020 Local Proceedings. Decisions on the Local Proceedings submissions (papers, extended abstracts, and abstracts) will be communicated very soon. In the Local Proceedings, the authors will keep the copyright.
- For the publication of submissions in the Springer and Local Proceedings, we will not charge registration fees. For the Springer Proceedings, authors will have temporary free access to the online version on SpringerLink. Local Proceedings will be distributed as an electronic file.
- The GDN Section is in the process of organizing a Sponsored Cluster on Group Decision and Negotiation for the 2020 INFORMS Annual Meeting to be held at National Harbor, Maryland, USA, from November 8 to 11, 2020. You may wish to submit your presentation to a Contributed Cluster on Group Decision and Negotiation. Together, GDN community members can network and interact at the 2020 INFORMS Annual Meeting.
- The GDN Section Award will also be presented during the INFORMS Annual Meeting. We are happy to announce that the winner of the 2020 Award is Liping Fang.
- We are pleased to announce that the next year’s GDN conference, 21st International Conference on Group Decision and Negotiation (GDN 2021), will be held at Ryerson University, Toronto, Canada, from June 6 to 10, 2021. We welcome authors, whose submissions are accepted by GDN 2020, to attend GDN 2021 and present their work. Submissions accepted for GDN 2020 are automatically accepted for GDN 2021.
We hope that you are doing well in these difficult times. Please take care and stay healthy.
With best regards,
GDN Council and GDN 2020 General and Program Chairs
This conference provides a forum for those working in the field, bringing together researchers from Africa, the Americas, Asia, Europe, and Oceania.
GDN series of conferences have provided a stimulating environment for the dissemination of state-of-the-art knowledge in the field of group decision and negotiation, allowing for intense discussions among participants and the exchange of ideas and critical comments for further improvement.
GDN 2020 topics will be organized in several streams and include all aspects of group decision and negotiation such as
- Technological Foundations
- Systems Design and Use
- Methodological Foundations
- Theoretical Foundations
- Behavioural Aspects
There will be a dedicated student track offering pre-doctoral students an opportunity to present (preliminary) work and to receive valuable feedback.
Conference proceedings will be published in a volume of Springer Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing (LNBIP), as well as a local proceedings volume for authors who choose to retain copyrights to their papers. Selected papers will be considered for publication in the Springer journal Group Decision and Negotiation.